Hues 2 Beta
Thanks for testing Hues 2.0. This has been completely rewritten from scratch so it no longer relies on the built-in OS X color picker. My hope is for Hues 2 to be the go to color tool on OS X.
- New and improved custom loupe
- Loupe is movable by arrow keys (shift for 10px increments), click or hit space or enter to pick color
- Now lives in the menubar by default (with option to show in dock)
- Global keyboard shortcut to pick color (option+command+c)
- RGB, HSL, and Color Wheel for creating and modifying colors
- Create custom palettes, and share/export/import them
- Create any type of color format you want
- More export formats including UIColor/NSColor
- Input color in almost any text format to see and adjust it
- The loupe doesn't work correctly on retina screens, this is my next focus
Besides typical app testing, the biggest thing I need tested is accuracy. I want to ensure colors you pick from the screen are what you expect. Due to different displays, color profiles, color management settings, etc, it's hard to get right. Second to that, I want to make sure conversions between formats are correct as well.
Let me know if you have any issues/bugs/feedback - firstname.lastname@example.org.