Campfire + Mac OS X.
Fast, minimal, and designed to stay out of your way.
or download a 14-day trial
Open all your Campfire rooms in whatever way works for you. You can have multiple windows, each with multiple tabs that works as you expect. You can reorder tabs, and drag them in between windows.
Flint pulls all images, whether from a Campfire upload, an image link, or even many 3rd-party sites (CloudApp, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, TwitPic, Dribbble and more) directly into the room. Even links to Vimeo and YouTube videos will show a still from the video so you know what you're getting into before you open it.
Clicking an image will open it in its own window within the app where you can quickly see the full size version without leaving the app. If you want to save an image, just drag it right out of the app.
Having a whole pane of the interface dedicated to showing who's currently in the room is a waste of space and a distraction. Since you don't need to always see who is in the room, Flint replaces it with a popover you can pull up just for the times you need to see if someone is present, and can go away the rest of the time.
Flint has a number a ways to get notifications about messages from your Campfire rooms without having to keep it front and center all the time. Get Growl notifications, Notification Center notifications (10.8), menu bar icon, dock badges, and sounds for all messages in the room. Or choose just just Growl notifications, and only for certain keywords, it's up to you.
- Fast, completely native interface made for Lion and Mountain Lion
- Growl notifications, Notification Center notifications (requires 10.8), menu bar icon, dock badges, and sound notifications for messages
- Shows user avatars for a more friendly experience
- Supports multiple Campfire sites
- Uses streaming API for instant notifications
- Drag and drop uploading. Just drop image or other file into the room, and it automatically uploads
- Open multiple rooms simultaneously in different windows/tabs
- Quickly find text in current room
- Highlight any messages that mention you and any other keywords you want to be brought to your attention
- Inline previewing of images - whether from uploads, image links, or from a number of other sites
- Preview full-size images without leaving the app